Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Cotton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Moira

Moira Report 7 Mar 2003 12:42

Ernest Cotton, born in Sheffield 1917, to Herbert (B 1.1.1878 Chesterfield) & Eliza(nee BACON) Cotton. Brothers - Jack, Fred, Joe, Stan, Bert & Alfred, & sisters, - Minnie, Nellie & Florence. Married Betty Hinderlang & lived in SW London in the early 1943's. Had 2 children, Rodney (born 1944 approx) & myself Moira (born 1953). Any info concerning my father would be greatly appreciated. I know many relatives went to Australia in the 1960's. Thank you.

HelenMurphy

HelenMurphy Report 6 Nov 2007 14:28

Good Evening
I have a John COTTON (1805) born in England, married a Rebecca Roades, they must of come to Australia then. Gave birth to Isaac COTTON (1833 - 1902), he married Ann FILLINGHAM (1843 - 1923) and together they had Edith Emma COTTON (1878 - 1930). This is my Great GrandMother. Edith then Married Charles STANBROUGH (b1871).

I hope this can be of some help, even though it was before the day.
Regards, Helen.