Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

trying to find what happend to g.g.grandmother

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tracy

Tracy Report 9 Nov 2007 15:44

I am trying to find what happend to my g.g.grandmother Alice Cousins/Cousens. She was born 1864,Bishopstoke, Hampshire. In 1886 and 1890 she had 2 children (the eldest was my g.grandfather). I have both birth certs for these children, and in both cases neither had a father registered on the certs. In the 1891 Census she and her children are living with her parents in Oswlebury, Hampshire. In the 1901 Census the family are still living in Oswlebury, but Alice isnt listed as living with them. I have tried looking for a marriage for Alice, and I have also looked to see when she died, but cannot find anything. If anybody has any info or suggestions I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Tracy

Annmarie

Annmarie Report 9 Nov 2007 16:42

Hi Tracy,
Hope this is of some use to you, couldn't find any record of marriage or death on IGI search.

1881 census

source information
dwelling; Barton peveril eastleigh
census place; south stoneham, hampshire, england
family history library film; 1341299
public records office reference; RG11
piece / folio; 1220/64
page number; 35

TOM BLACK , head, married, M, 36, b. Finchley middlesex, farmer & miller.
MARY J BLACK, wife, married, F, 36, b. Godshill, isle of wight, hampshire
JULIA M G BLACK, dau, F, 13, b.Fawley hampshire
ADELIA C BLACK, dau F, 11, b. Fawley hampshire
ALICE M BLACK, dau F, 10, b. Fawley hampshire

JEMIMA VAUGHAN, servt, unmarried, F, 24, b. Marchwood hampshire, cook
ALICE COUSENS, servt, unmarried, F, 17, b. Bishopstoke hampshire, housemaid (dom)
WILLIAM KITCHER, servt, M, 20, b, Fawley hampshire, groom (dom)

Regards,
Annmarie