Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Craig

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Louise

Louise Report 20 Jun 2007 19:36

Trying to trace anything on Richard Craig my Gt.Grandad born between 1885-1895 circa from Cork Ireland. Daughter named Winifred Mary Craig born in 1915 also Cork. Richard fought and died in WW1. I have traced an R.S. Craig on War dead but cannot confirm if name was Richard. All other 'R's' were Robert so presume this is Richard.From this record, he died 22 May 1918 & it states he was 2/LT. This may be a wild goose chase so if anyone can confirm he was Richard would be great. I would like to trace his wife, My Gt. Grandma as I don't have anything at all. I have marriage certificate of Winifred Craig who married my grandad in 1948 (Edmund Hogan). According to her death record ( I dont have a certificate as yet), she was born on 10th Sept 1915 yet her marriage cert. says she was 28 in 1948 so presume she lied on marriage cert. or else they didn't know her correct d.o.b. at death and guessed ?? I know she had a sister but don't know her name. The address that she was living at as a spinster before marriage is 10 colin Rd. NW10. All records would be in Ireland and without going to RBDM in Dublin I don't know how else to track either Richard, his wife or Winifred's birth certificate. Louise Whapham 20.6.07