Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to Find Crouchs of Hastings

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Donna

Donna Report 3 Jan 2008 20:34

Hi
I need to find anyone who can tell me anything about Annie Elizabeth Crouch of Hastings. I know she married Benjamin Catt and all of their children but i cannot find out her parents names. I have hit a brick wall please help.

Donna

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 3 Jan 2008 20:42

There is no Benjamin Catt + Annie Elizabeth Crouch marriage in the GRO as so far transcribed by FreeBMD ... I know, because I checked all four of them, since you have given no dates.

So the marriage must have been before 1837 or after 1920ish (about where FreeBMD transcription is up to).

Want to narrow it down at all?? ;)

Donna

Donna Report 5 Jan 2008 15:20

They married in 1923. i have loads of info on benjamin catt but i cannot find any on Annie. All i need is her mother and fathers names and i should be ok.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 5 Jan 2008 18:45

Here ya go: marriage details.

oct-nov-dec 1923
Catt, Benjamin J.
spouse: Crouch
district: Hastings
vol: 2b
page: 88

That'll get you the certificate and the father's name and then away you go!

(I hope you didn't read before I edited -- it's 4th quarter, not 3rd as I originally put.)

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 5 Jan 2008 18:51

In your other thread (one thread per topic, house rules), you say Annie was born in 1902.

That would make her this one (as compared to the Annie Elizabeth Crouch born in Hastings in 1906):

Name: Annie Elizabeth Crouch
Year of Registration: 1902
Quarter of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep
District: Hastings (1837-1977)
County: Sussex
Volume: 2b
Page: 42

Had you not checked FreeBMD, since you knew the name and birthdate?

http://www.freebmd.org.uk

Once you get her birth cert, that's where you'll go to find her parents' marriage!