Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Can any one help?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Geoffrey

Geoffrey Report 3 Nov 2007 09:26

My step father was Herbert (Bert) McDonald Cruickshank born in the Clydebank area in about 1894 on the 11 December. He tried to join the Navy in 1914 but was turned down due to flat feet and then came to the east end of London. He married and had three children Hilda, a nurse last heard of in the Darlington area married to ? Hurst and had three girls, Barbara, Christine and Ruth; Margory who lived in Bedford and then Newcastle and had a boy Peter, who died early in this 20's or 30's and a girl; and Archie who married Maureen in 1954 and had two children, David and Diane (aka Puddin). Archie worked for STC in Basildon and was last known to be living in Burnham Essex.
In 1946 Bert who lived in Sherard Road Manor Park married my mother May at St Albans Church Ilford and they moved to Rutland Road Ilford and then in 1954 to Cecil Road Ilford. In 1959 pop retired from the GPO Telephone Exchanges and they moved to Southend were he died in the May of 1960 of enphacemia
The last time I saw Archie was in the 1980's, Hilda in 1971 and Margory in the 1950's just before I went to secondary school. We used to visit Pop's brother in the Grove Park area and another one in the Sutton area were in about 1945 I saw Television on an old Radar Screen the Pop's brother converted.