Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Cummins

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joan

Joan Report 28 Jun 2007 13:44

I am looking for info re my g.grandfather John Cummins.Don't know where or when he was born. The info I Do have is as follows: He was a survivor of the Charge of the Light Brigade and went on to serve in India. His wife's name was Eliza (maiden name not known) She was born about 1841 in Carlow Ireland. I only know of two children. John born 1870 and Clarinda (or Clarainda) born 1873. Both were born in Bengal, India. He attained the rank of Colour Sergeant. Clarinda (aka Clara) married John Taylor in June 1891 and lived in the Ardwick area of Manchester. They were Catholics until she took exception to the priest asking once too often for money. My father told us it was sight when she chased up the street with her broom. How if wished I had asked more when I was young!!!! Any info would be very welcome.