Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

curtis family from the Barnet Hertfordshire area o

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Miranda

Miranda Report 25 Aug 2007 21:15

i am trying to find anybody who knows anything to do with the curtis family who come from barnet hertfordshire area. My grandfather Ernest curtis was born in 1910. he went on to marry my grandmother at the time called Doris picton. They had 1 son Alan curtis 1948 and 1 daughter Vivian curtis 1951, My grandfather fathered 2 other children which i know nothing about. could anyone help me atall i am totally stuck.

Alan

Alan Report 1 Jan 2008 15:01

Hello Miranda

I do not know if this message will reach you but here goes.

I have just been browsing the messge boards and came across yours. I knew an Alan Curtis born Feb 1948. Where he was born I do not know but when I knew him he lived in Edmonton North London. His fathers name though was Alfred or Frederick. I knew him as Fred. I cannot recall Alan's mothers name as she and Fred were divorced beforeI knew him. I do know Alan had three sisters, 2 by freds 1st marriage and one by Freds 2nd marriage. I do know that Alans mother moved down to Worthing if that helps. If any of this sounds familiar please get in touch and see if we can expand on it assuming this reaches you.

kind regards

Alan