Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Info/relatives Josef Czubek

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sheena

Sheena Report 2 Jan 2008 20:05

my grandmas first husband was josef czubeck who died in 1986. I know he was born in poland and came to stay in newton-le-willows near warrington, cheshire. I also know he re-married a lady called Ann lammas. If anyone can help me out or know of anymore family let me know

Garstonite

Garstonite Report 2 Jan 2008 20:40

sheena...just double check whether josef was born in poland....during the first ww and the 2nd ww the poland/ukranian borders were moved around alot due to the russian occupation....my father in law was ostap kabluckyj....born in 1929 in rohatyn,ukraine....this was poland a few years before...its nearly 100 miles into the ukraine now...i`d check if i were you,.just in case he was from eastern poland.....if he was,pm me..i`ve done extensive research on this area and i have 3 contacts in the ukraine..one being a professor in a university...regards...allan

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 2 Jan 2008 20:45

Four people by that surname (no "c") died in England between 1984 and 2005:

Alojzy Czubek 2 Oct 1910 Jul 1997 86 Surrey Northern Surrey

Ann Czubek 4 Jun 1908 Jun 2002 94 Warrington Cheshire, Lancashire

Edwin Michael Czubek 29 Sep 1922 Mar 1993 70 Hitchin Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire

Jozef Czubek 15 Feb 1914 Jun 1986 72 Warrington Cheshire, Lancashire

It would seem that the Ann in that list is Josef's second wife, although older than him.

It's possible that the death certificates might give clues about family. If you want full details of the death registrations for ordering certificates, I can pass them on from Ancestry.

There have also been three marriages in that period:

David A Czubek Ward Feb 1989 St Helens Merseyside

Mariola Czubek Hafaiedh Feb 2005 Ealing London

Mojciech Czubek Chwalinska Mar 1990 Islington London

and one birth in 1991 in Islington.

Sheena

Sheena Report 2 Jan 2008 20:48

hi allan, he was from torun

Sheena

Sheena Report 2 Jan 2008 20:51

how do i go about getting death certificates?

david a is my dad who changed his name from czubek to chadwick when he was 18

Garstonite

Garstonite Report 2 Jan 2008 20:52

ok sheena..i`ll check on ukraine.com if its now in the ukraine....if he was born in torun in 1914..this was shortly before or during all the fighting/wars...allan

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 2 Jan 2008 20:54

You order 'em on line at:

http://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificate

I'll copy the registration info for you ...

Garstonite

Garstonite Report 2 Jan 2008 20:58

sheena...no problem with josefs birth...Torun is smack bang in the middle of poland.....if you need any help researching poland,leave a message on here,and i`ll see what i can dig up tomorrow..(off work)...allan

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 2 Jan 2008 21:01

Name: Alojzy Czubek
Birth Date: 2 Oct 1910
Death Registration Month/Year: Jul 1997
Age at death (estimated): 86
Registration district: Surrey Northern
Inferred County: Surrey
Register number: NSF1
Entry Number: 288

Name: Ann Czubek
Birth Date: 4 Jun 1908
Death Registration Month/Year: Jun 2002
Age at death (estimated): 94
Registration district: Warrington
Inferred County: Cheshire, Lancashire
Register number: B67C
Entry Number: 74

Name: Edwin Michael Czubek
Birth Date: 29 Sep 1922
Death Registration Month/Year: Mar 1993
Age at death (estimated): 70
Registration district: Hitchin
Inferred County: Hertfordshire, Hertfordshire
Register number: 19H
Entry Number: 81

Name: Jozef Czubek
Birth Date: 15 Feb 1914
Death Registration Month/Year: Jun 1986
Age at death (estimated): 72
Registration district: Warrington
Inferred County: Cheshire, Lancashire
Volume: 35
Page: 1115

What I always recommend is getting the cert to get an exact date and place of death -- and any info it may have (e.g. if a family member was named as the person who reported the death) -- and then searching local newspapers on microfilm at the public library for a published obituary, which would give more info about family members.

You might also just want to google some for the name.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 2 Jan 2008 21:03

Also, some of those names show up on the electoral roll, on a search for czucek at

http://www.192.com

(you can specify locations to match the official records, e.g. Merseyside and London)

but I couldn't find matching phone listings in the online directory:

http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/publisha.content/en/search/residential/search.publisha

Garstonite

Garstonite Report 2 Jan 2008 21:10

hi sheena...i`ve been given this for Torun,Poland, family research....good luck.............
[email protected] .... e-mail them....evidently they have a DNA surnames list..you never know,you could strike lucky... .......allan