Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Tring to find Daisy Blackmans Parents

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

TheCaptain

TheCaptain Report 1 Jan 2008 18:08

Hi, im trying to find out the names of Daisy Blackmans Parents. As far as i know Daisy was born in Strood, Kent in 1905. Dont know how to track it back. Any suggestions? Would make my dad a Happy man if anyone could help. Thank you.

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 1 Jan 2008 18:19

Did Daisy marry?
If so the first step would be to get a copy of the marriage cert. to find her father's name.

If you are sure of the Strood info. there is this on freebmd.

Births Jun 1905

Blackman Daisy Kathleen Strood 2a 679

You could get a copy of the birth certificate and hopefully be able to find her parents marriage and or see them in the 1901 census.

Gwyn

TheCaptain

TheCaptain Report 1 Jan 2008 18:23

Hi Gwyn & karen, your right she married albert edwards but not sure when. are you related? Many many Thanks

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 1 Jan 2008 18:25

Maybe her death registration?

Name: Daisy Kathleen Edwards
Birth Date: 7 Mar 1905
Death Registration Month/Year: Mar 1998
Age at death (estimated): 93
Registration district: Maidstone
Inferred County: Kent
Register number: A75C
Entry Number: 34

Gwyn

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 1 Jan 2008 18:27

No relation....just trying to help with resources easily available to me.

Gwyn

TheCaptain

TheCaptain Report 1 Jan 2008 18:31

Hi Gwyn,
She was 93 when she died. Wow How you know this stuff? tried for ages & you find it instantly. Where could i view her birth certificate? thank you so much.

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 1 Jan 2008 18:35

Hi there

You could search for marriages and baptisms - some burials - on Cityark which is Medway's website. All their parish records are on line. Once you get used to finding your way around the site it's relatively straightforward to search and will save you time and money on certs.

Jill

It's Strood by the way.

TheCaptain

TheCaptain Report 1 Jan 2008 18:42

Gwyn, Karen & Jill thanks so much for your help will get straight on to it, Thanks