Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Margaret Darcy(Daly)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Matt

Matt Report 30 Dec 2007 16:58

Im trying to find information on the following: John and Margaret Daly (nee Darcy) from Dublin born around 1900-1910. They lived in the North Wall area and had many children - maybe 10 or 11 - including my father George(known as Joe) born 1936, Peter, Evelyn, Christine and Mary. My father moved to Manchester then onto Jersey Channel islands in the late 1950's and Peter I believe moved to London then South Africa. I know Christine had a number of children including one of the oldest - marie - who lived in the Finglas area. Mary had three children i know of John, Mary and Celine. My father and - I think - Peter have since died but Evelyn, Mary and Christine stayed in Dublin and as far as i know survive. The last known addresses are Mary, 191 St Bridgets Gardens off Mayor St, Evelyn, 32 Oriel St, Seville Place and Christine 238 Caffagh? Rd, Finglas. The registered address on my dads birth certificate is 16 Denmark Place, North City 2 so I assume some of his brothers and sisters were also born at this address. I remember Margaret Daly died in 1972/73 but John Daly must have died in the 1960's. I also know that one son and maybe a daughter died in a tragedy when they were young possibly a fire if that rings any bells. Also Margaret used to travel to the Isle of Man for the summer season to work in hotels etc. My father Joe married Roseann Burke whom he met in Jersey in 1961 and he died there in 1996. I know I have many first cousins and aunts still living in the North Wall area and Finglas so any contact would be most appreciated. Please help!!!