Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Margaret Margaret Charles

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 18 May 2006 21:09

If you are seeking a Dare, there are many centred around Dorset, Somerset and into Devon. Dorchester Archives is a good place to start, and I believe there is a 'Dare' book! My father , born 1899, left Dorchester to work on the railways in Nottinghamshire. His name was Ernest Robert Dare [or Dear]. I know I have cousins in that area. There may be Irish connections, but doubtful. Researchers should also be aware that the first English baby born into a part of the New World was a Virginia Dare -so some of the family sailed with one group of the Pilgrim Fathers, though not the First Lot!!

Max

Max Report 8 Jan 2008 16:51

Hello
I know this is a rather old post but I have just joined Genes Reunited.
I know from my fathers records that my 3x great grandmother was Hannah Dare, b. Powerstock 1806, married William Greening 1828 in Mosterton and gave birth to George Greening also 1828. Do you have any specific info about her ancestors please?
Many thanks
Max