Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Darwin family of Nottinghamshire

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

The Cat's Whiskers

The Cat's Whiskers Report 29 Sep 2007 12:47

Trying to link Darwin family (yes, as in Charles!) of Notts together; I believe this has been done back to 1542 (death of William Darwin, common ancestor) as the family moved to Notts from Lincs and Charles' ancestor lucked out in marrying the heiress to Elston Hall in Notts. My Darwin was Samuel, born 1777 in Laneham, Notts to William & Jane. He had brothers William, Daniel and a sister Jane. I'm trying to avoid having to reinvent the wheel by tracing ancestors others have already done.

Carolyn

Carolyn Report 9 Jan 2008 16:00

Hi, Charles Darwin's son William Eramus Darwin1839-1914 married Sara Price Ashburner Sedgwick 8/1/1839-1902 in my tree. You are welcome to view it if you wish. Regards, Carolyn Stan-Bishop nee Shaw