Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Davey

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

David

David Report 19 Jul 2007 07:34

Hi, My name is Dave Ware and I am looking for links/birth proof/detail of my Great Great Grandmother being an Ellen Louisa Davey/Davy (Born: c1858 in the ? Roborough, Devon area). She married 09/04/1881 in Torrington, Devon a Thomas Ware. Her father was a Thomas Davey/Davy (Born: c1833 in Roborough, Devon) and he was married to a ? Amelia. If anyone can connect or help I would be grateful for some urgent contact as I have been stuck on detail confirmation of this lady/relative for a while. Thanks. Dave Ware.

Julie

Julie Report 22 Nov 2007 15:37

Hi Dave, My maiden name is Davey and I have a link to a Frances (fanny) Ware from Devon. From what I can gather it was quite common to marry into families that were known through other family members. A long shot I know but there is probably a link there. I am from a long line of Daveys that originated from a William Davey b 1795 St David's Exeter. Regards Julie

David

David Report 22 Nov 2007 16:32

Amelia Featherstone c1837 Roborough can be seen on the 1851 census with parents William and Mary Anne.

Amelia Davey c1837 Roborough can be seen on the 1861 census with Thomas and Ellen L.

Amelia Featherstone married Dec 1856 Torrington Volume 5b page 869, a Thomas Darcy is on the same page (possible Typo?).