Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Eva Davis parents & sisters

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Deborah

Deborah Report 18 Dec 2007 10:26

I am looking for anything on my grandmother's parents and sisters. My grandmother, Eva Ruth Davis born 1908 at Smethwick, Staffordshire her father's name was Bertram or Bertrand Davis, mother Gertrude. Eva had four elder sisters, (no dates of birth unfortuantely) Kate Elizabeth first married a Crumpton then a Douglas, May married a Hodnett and Else married a Blakemore.

Does anyone have any information?

Penny

Penny Report 18 Dec 2007 10:31

Births Dec 1908
Davis Eva Ruth King's N. 6c 472

possibilty - but maybe not if the sister were older

Marriages Sep 1908

DAVIS Arthur Bertram King's N. 6c 753
PICKERING Gertrude King's N. 6c 753

Deborah

Deborah Report 18 Dec 2007 10:33

Thanks Minnie, sorry should have mentioned I have Eva Ruth's birth cert. and marriage cert.

The marriage of Arthur and Gertrude looks promising, I'm not counting on Eva's parents being married before the elder sisters were born. Eva has no father named on her birth cert but her mom is named Gertrude Davis, Bert Davis appears on Eva's wedding cert:))

Penny

Penny Report 18 Dec 2007 10:35

Blimey - much older sister

Marriages Sep 1912

Kate E Davis married William Crumpton King's N. 6c 974

Deborah

Deborah Report 18 Dec 2007 10:43

Kate, known as Lizzie was a lot older than Eva, I remember Lizzie in the early 50's and she seemed ancient to me