Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A friend of mine...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

N17

N17 Report 3 Jan 2008 21:47

...is a war baby, son of an American airman based at Earls Colne. Essex. After the war he returned home and all contact was lost. My friend's mother wanted nothing to do with his father, but since she died he has tried several avenues to find his dad, but with no luck. I mentioned this site to him and he seemed interested.

Any ideas?

val1963

val1963 Report 3 Jan 2008 22:23

Stephen

If your friend know's his fathers:
Name
DOB Or Year of birth
Where he was born in America
Then you could put a message on (Records Office)
there are good peeps on here who are really good at finding things that some off us cant find
Give it a go (what have you got to lose)
Hope this helps
Val

N17

N17 Report 3 Jan 2008 22:42

I'll be seeing him tomorrow so I'll ask him how much he knows.

He told me he had a vague idea of the guy's age...young man, ww2 puts his birth date at around early 1920's.

val1963

val1963 Report 3 Jan 2008 22:50

Stephen,

If you get all the information he know's however small
and put it in a thread on Record Office

Hope this helps
Good Luck on your search on behalf of your friend
Val