Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Dobson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janet

Janet Report 16 Jan 2007 21:45

My late father in law Herbert James Dobson was born on 19th September 1914 iin Leicester. From what I understand he left his family at some point and moved to London. Possibly had a sister who went to Australia, possibly to do with the church. The family would have known he had married to Florence (Peggy) Coleshill. Any relations out there somewhere? They had 3 boys and my husband is sure that the family knew about them.

Jo

Jo Report 28 Oct 2007 05:28

Hi Janet. I am searching for a James Dobson who married a florence cotton and raised 3 boys and one girl in NSW Australia. Any reference? Have you checked NSW births death and marriages? It's a free record search site up until deaths in 1976.