Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Docherty

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nessie56

Nessie56 Report 22 May 2007 16:05

Hi
I am trying to find information on my mother-in-laws Biological mother. I have included the details below, hope you can follow them.
Margaret Galbraith Docherty was born On the 3rd March 1912 at Glasgow maternity hospital. Margaret was put in the care of The Good Shepherd convent, Glasgow, it is not known what date Margaret went into the convent. Margarets biological mother was Margaret Docherty who was a domestic servant she lived at 284 Bath Street, Glasgow in 1912. (information gained from Birth certificate). Ms E MacGillivray (Archivist) kindly completed a search of the Post Office Directories of Glasgow 1912 and found a Miss Galbraith listed at that address. Also the voters role 1920 was checked and a Margaret Galbriath was still living at 284 Bath St. It is confusing because the Mother's name is Docherty on the birth certificate but she called herself Galbraith. Margaret Galbraith Docherty was adopted from the Good Shepard convent in 1915 by a Mrs. Catherine Walker and was brought to live in Preston Lancashire. would be grateful for any help.
It's been suggested that Margaret Docherty could have been the domestic servant to Miss Galbraith??
Regards
Janet