Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Jill Webb

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jill

Jill Report 18 Jun 2007 20:06

My Grandfather, William Richard Dodd was born in Plymouth on 27th december 1889. This information was given to me by the Ministry of Defence as he served in the Navy from 15 May 1909 for 12 years and again 18th July 1910 for 12 years, 6th July 1922 to complete time for pension, 28 October, 1932 Temporary service for one year. I have all the ships he served on and a full description of his various ratings he held throughout his career. To date I have been unable to find him in the indexes of Birth. He was married aroun 1910 to a Maud Ellen Blake. His children were Lilian Dodd, William George Dodd, my father, Ernest Dodd. Any help would be appreciated.