Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Helen Donaldson

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 30 Oct 2007 14:02

hi , can anyone help me please??? brick wall moment! i am trying to find info out on my aunt helen, born in lanarkshire in the 40s (waiting for dates hopefully from my uncle) she married an irish fella by the name of patrick mcmahon, they moved to newry, co.down and didnt talk to the family for years due to her marrying a catholic? i know she had 5 children, but only know the name of 3, james, david and ailish, there was talk of james going into the priesthood? helens siblings are called jean, janet, gibson and anne. my mum lived with my gran (helens mum) in henderson avenue, cambuslang,helens mum was called helen also, my mum was a late baby and helen was approx 18-20 when she was born. i am having probs due to family all coming from scotland and some moving to ireland, i really dont know where to turn next, any help/ideas would be much appreciated. dont really have much more info on helen but would really like to know about her and her family.
kindest regards and thanks - jules (niece)
i did look in the phone books for the area but all i can find is a james mcmahon in the 1970s, nothing more recent, sorry to bring this to the top again but desperate to find my aunt