Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

??? Dowding

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 9 Nov 2007 17:32

Having just dicovered lots about my Grandpa and Great Grandad my appitite is whetted and I wonder if it is possible to go on generation further back. I have a tantalising snippet of information that my G G grandmother's name was Maria and she was born in about1825 in Chichester. I have evidence of her being married to Jesse Jestico in 1861 but this is a second marriage and I am interested in her first husband whose name is a mystery (surname of course Dowding). Their son William John was born in about 1854. Any ideas would be most welcome.

***Lindsay***

***Lindsay*** Report 9 Nov 2007 17:45

Found a William Dowding born 1854 Q2 Brighton Vol 2b page 198.
Seem to remember your William John was born Brighton.
Birth cert would give parents names

SueS

SueS Report 9 Nov 2007 18:05

a copy of William's birth certificate will give you his father's name. Found this on Freebmd....the second name is often missed from the index.

Births Jun 1854
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOWDING William Brighton 2b 198

Linda

Linda Report 9 Nov 2007 18:42

Wonder if this could be the death reg. for her first husband?

Deaths Sep 1855 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dowding Edwin Elisha Brighton 2b 93

David

David Report 9 Nov 2007 18:51

Maria Dowding married Jun 1859 Brighton Volume 2b page 28, a Jesse Jestico is on the same page.