Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Downs

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carole

Carole Report 18 Jun 2007 20:54

Am trying to trace my grandmother's family. She was born Lilian Downs in 1895 in Oakham, Rutland. Her father, George Downs, was a plumber who was born in Lincolnshire. He was married to Sarah. Their eldest son, another George, was born in Sheffield. (I think his son, again George, married a lady from the Isle of Skye named Kathleen and they lived in Rugby). My grandmother's other siblings were Annie, also born Sheffield; Harry, born Oakham; Nellie, born Oakham; Joseph, born Oakham and Fred, born Oakham. Nellie's family may have moved to Peterborough. I certainly remember an Aunt Nellie (grandmother's sister or niece?) who married a Bill Perrin and lived in Peterborough. They had children Lesley, Patricia and Paul. Any information on any of the family members would be much appreciated