Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

family tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 16 Oct 2007 19:30

hi wondering if anyone can help me, i am looking for any relatives of george edward thomas driver, born 14th nov 1920 this is my grandad, i know he had 3 brothers and one sister their names were fredrick driver, william driver, bernard driver and daisy driver. i think his fathers name was either thomas or edward but am not sure i know his mums maiden name was harris but do not have a first name. he had 3 sons called allan graham and martin (my dad) his wifes name was dorothy lillian driver (maiden name parkinson) born 14 feb 1926 died 25 dec 1991-for some reason on the death records is states 1992!

if anyone has any information about my family please do send me a message as i want to find out as much as i can about who i am related to etc.

Thanks
Rebecca Driver

Irene

Irene Report 16 Oct 2007 22:26

If you look on Free BMD you will see the birth of
George E T Driver registered Greenwich December 1920 mother's maiden name Harris
also
William R C Driver birth registered Greenwich Sept 1919 mother's maiden name Harris.
If you purchased a copy of either of these certificates you wil find the names of the father and mother. Irene

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 16 Oct 2007 22:53

A death that took place at the end of December 1991 may not have been registered until beginning of January 1992 - which might explain the anomaly.

Jill

Richard

Richard Report 11 Dec 2007 20:11

Rebecca, do you have any locations for the events? England?

Richard Driver