Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

LUCY EAGLETON/EGGLEDEN

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 25 Nov 2007 00:32

I am trying to find information on the above.Lucy married John Edward Hammond.They were living in sevenoaks area in 1914.Can anyone help please.

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 25 Nov 2007 00:37

You may have this already?

Marriages Sep 1895 (>99%)
Boakes William John St. Saviour 1d 200 Scan available - click to view
Eagleton Lucy St. Saviour 1d 200 Scan available - click to view
Hammond John Edward St. Saviour 1d 200 Scan available - click to view
Pledger Julia Elizabeth St. Saviour 1d 200

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 25 Nov 2007 00:38

Veronica's birth?

Births Jun 1914 (>99%)

HAMMOND Veronica C E _ggledon Sevenoaks 2a 1608

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 25 Nov 2007 11:58

Thanks I had found those,and assumed they were veronicas parents.however having just recieved veronicas birth cert her mother is called lucy eggleden not eagleton.but I cant tie in a lucy eggleden anywhere.with another john edward hammond.?any ideas would be great as am totally stuck now.
thanks jacqui

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 25 Nov 2007 11:59

Thanks I had found those,and assumed they were veronicas parents.however having just recieved veronicas birth cert her mother is called lucy eggleden not eagleton.but I cant tie in a lucy eggleden anywhere.with another john edward hammond.?any ideas would be great as am totally stuck now.
thanks jacqui

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 25 Nov 2007 16:31

Hi again

I knew someone with surname Eagleton but they pronounced it Eggleton - wonder whether it could have been misheard at time of registration of birth ... The other names seem to match so well and there is no evidence of an Egglesdon marriage ...

Jill

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 25 Nov 2007 21:59

Hi
Thanks for that information.That could explain it as everything else seems to fit.Another coincidence is on Veronicas marriage cert one of the witnesses had the surname Eagleton.Of course the marriage cert
only lists the fathers name unfortunately....
Jacqui..