Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Eldridge

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marilyn

Marilyn Report 1 Aug 2007 10:09

I am trying to trace my father's family. His name was Harold Francis Eldridge. He was born in December 1921 and lived in East Ham, London E6. He served in the RAF during WW2 as an armourer with 609 squadron. After the war he became a postman at Forest Gate, London E7, where he worked for forty years. He married my mother Lilian Joyce Barwick in September 1950. Harold ('Harry') had two brothers, Leslie and Ron and a sister Vera. Ron was killed during WW2, Leslie died in the 1990's and my dad died in 2004. I have no information at all about his own family and I would be grateful to anyone who could throw some light on this for me. Many thanks Marilyn