Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find elgar

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Timothy

Timothy Report 3 Nov 2005 17:27

ALFRED ELGAR - Trying to find details of Alfred Elgar c1907. Alfred lived in Flokestone, Kent with his wife Edith. They had 4 children Sheila, Daphne, Dennis and Brian. Alf was a CPO in the Royal Navy during WW2 and died in the early '60s. Alfred was my maternal grandfather. Any details on Edith's side of the family would be much appreciated.

Jan

Jan Report 25 Oct 2007 16:37

Hi Tim,

You won't remember me but I was married to your mother's cousin. I knew you when you were very small. I believe you have a brother as well. My ex-husbands's mother and your Grandmother Edith were sisters. They also had a brother Peter. Their maiden name was Lilley. Edith's sister was called Joyce and she married William Devereese and had two children, Derek and Barbara (I believe they were both adopted as I can't find any birth details for them) nor any marriage details for Joyce. Your Mum would probably know. I also grew up just round the corner from your Mother and her family and knew your grandmother. If I can help with anything specific let me know. I know when Joyce and your Grandmother were born and when Joyce died, not sure when Edie died but can try to investigate for you.

Do you live in England now or are you in the States?

Jan