Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Julie Lindley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 20 Feb 2007 22:37

Trying to trace relatives of Albert William Ellis b approx 1895. d 1945. Ada Ellis ( cissie) married a Fraser.Had 2 children Alec or Alex ( ian) b 1931 Watford June m. b. 1936. Watford. Cissie Fraser as we knew her lived in Springfield Close. Bushey. Alec/Alex lived in Titian ave. bushey. I did have contact with a relative in Canada, but have lost his details.My father was Walter Ellis. Cissie was his mother, he never knew his father ( they never married) and he was brought up by his uncle Albert and wife ida mary.(Willesden/Harlesden) dad passed away in 1990. leaving 3 daughters and no-one to carry on the name..We are unable to have our own family tree as we do not have any other info, We do not even know what area the family originated from. Please if anyone knows of these, please please get in touch. Thank you. Julie Ellis. PS. June Fraser was named as my godmother on my christening card, i do not know what happened but her name was crossed out. My dad carried a picture of his baby sister with him all through the war. Although he knew who they were he was never allowed to say...It broke his heart. This is for my dad.

Heather

Heather Report 25 Oct 2007 19:01

I dont know if we do have a connection, but my nan is an Ellis her dad was William Albert Ellis born 1895, and he had numerous brothers and sisters!! Which is one of the reasons its so hard to trace them, but they did all originate from Watford and surrounding areas, if you would like to talk to see if there is some connection plese get in touch. Heather