Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Escotts of Pontycumnor, Mid Glamorgan

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynsey

Lynsey Report 4 Nov 2007 14:40

Can anyone provide me with any information on my grandmother's family. Her name was Iris Winifred Jane Escott. I am not sure what year she born in, and she died in April 1990. She lived in Devon, but was born in Pontycumnor, Mid Glamorgan and she was one of seven girls.

Please can anyone provide me any information on her siblings / mother's / father's families?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Lynsey

Diane

Diane Report 4 Nov 2007 14:43

Was Escott her married name?

Libby

Lynsey

Lynsey Report 4 Nov 2007 15:08

Her maiden name was Escott and her married name was Passmore.

Many thanks

Lynsey

Lynsey

Lynsey Report 4 Nov 2007 16:51

Not completely sure, but c 1917 she was born. Her birthday was 15.03., and I had spelt the place name wrong; I think it was Pontycymer where she was born.

Many thanks

Lynsey

Diane

Diane Report 4 Nov 2007 19:14

Hi Lynsey

I found your grandmother's death she was 74 when she died Torbay Devon. So this makes her birth 1916. She was born in Brigend with mothers maiden name Morgan.

I have found a marriage between a Francis James Escott and a WInifred Jane Morgan
Marriages Dec 1905 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ESCOTT Francis James Bridgend 11a 1318
LEWIS Gertrude Elizabeth Bridgend 11a 1318
LEWIS Jenkin Bridgend 11a 1318
MORGAN Winifred Jane Bridgend 11a 1318

Which sounds like it is very possibly the parents of Iris. Will go and search now to see if I can find any siblings. etc

Libby

Diane

Diane Report 4 Nov 2007 19:16

Possible siblings

Births Dec 1912 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Escott Grace E O Morgan Bridgend 11a 1831

Births Mar 1914 (>99%)

ESCOTT Marian E H Morgan Bridgend 11a 1968

Libby