Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Evans

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chrissie57

Chrissie57 Report 2 Jun 2007 11:28

David Evans Very common name so a bit unlikely but trying to find out about the later life of my great grandfather, David Evans. He was born about 1858 in Nantglyn, Denbighshire, Wales to Robert and Anne (nee Jones) Evans. He became a journeyman carpenter and in 1884 married Jane Sarah Roberts in Nerquis, Flintshire, Wales. They had four children - Robert John, Sarah Ann, Fanny and David Owen (my grandfather). Jane unfortunately died quite young (1896, aged about 30) and on the 1901 census Sarah Ann and David Owen are together living with relatives and Fanny is a servant - all still in Flintshire. I have not traced Robert John, the eldest son David Evans on the 1901 census appears to be living in a boarding house in Trefriw, Caernarvonshire, Wales aged 40 and I wondered why he seems to have left his children behind and whether he could have married again and I have other family out there Many thanks Chris Smith