Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Frederick Wiiliam Evans 1886-1923

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Diane

Diane Report 15 Dec 2007 17:41

I am trying to find my grandfather, Frederick William Evans He married Edith cowmeadow on 24.9.1908 at the forest church, drybrook. gloucester. I am unable to find anything else about him and do not know where he was born. Unfortunately the local registry office is now closed.

Andrew

Andrew Report 15 Dec 2007 18:05

Do you have the marriage certificate? That will have his fathers name and occupation which will help to narrow the search in the census records. If you don't have the cert, it can be ordered from:

www.gro.gov.uk

for £7.

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page

Marriages Sep 1908 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>>>>COWMEADOW Edith Westbury S. 6a 590
>>>>EVANS Frederick William Westbury S. 6a 590
GOODE Harriett Westbury S. 6a 590
RUSSELL Thomas Westbury S. 6a 590

Andy

Diane

Diane Report 17 Dec 2007 15:04

Thanks Andy. Tried Westbury on Severn but closed down. Will try the gov. site. 1891 & 1901 census seem to only list first name. Also not found anything in births. Rather a lot of Fredierick Evans. Must have been the in name. Thanks again for your help.

Heather

Heather Report 17 Dec 2007 15:09

"Cowmeadow" - what a fab name!