Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Death records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kath

Kath Report 26 Dec 2007 02:47

Can anyone tell me what records are now available for British deaths, and where I can find them?

I'm also looking for EVERARD's especially in Essex and the east coast. Edward Everard died in 1968. Thats as far as I have got at present, so any help would be appreciated.

Alan

Alan Report 26 Dec 2007 07:37

Kath,

Free BMD ( just google) has death records up to about1920, Ancestory has death records to 2005 but until 1983 it is a search on a surname on a quarter by quarter, year by year basis.

From 1984 you can type in the surname. I have just.
typed in Everard, Essex and some 54 deaths are recorded between 1984 and 2005

Let meknow if you would like some specific names looked up.

Alan

Victoria

Victoria Report 26 Dec 2007 08:41

Hi Kath,

He is not listed in the year 1968 or the first quarter of 1969. Are you sure of the year?

Best Wishes

Jane

Rachael

Rachael Report 7 Jan 2008 05:12

Kath,

I have a number of Everard's in my tree from Essex. Is that the area you are after? Could you give a little more information on Edward and others you are looking for

Rachael