Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Grandfather John Anderson Hamilton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 13 Nov 2007 04:27

My nana Helen Grattan and John Anderson Hamilton,met in Dumfries,had 2 children,my dad John Grattan Hamilton and my auntie elsie jean Hamilton,the story goes they all left Scotland in 1930 and moved to England to the seaside town of Morecambe,my dad was only about 2 or 2.5 i dont know how long they were there untill they went their own ways,There was no trace of a marriage between them.i never knew my grandfather,and although i have found some details out about him,i would love to know did he stay in England ?or go back to scotland?,did he ever marry?
I know from a search i had done,that John Anderson Hamilton was b.abt 1897,Glasgow,his parents were Gavin Hamilton and Grace Anderson,i dont know if my grandfather had any siblings,his occupation was Chauffeur.His name was on the birth records of my dad John Hamilton and Jean his sister.My nana remained in Morecambe for the rest of her life,untill her passing in 1975.i hope theres someone out there who might recognise these names,who could fill a few gaps for me,i just feel a need to know! jennifer