Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Joyce Maxwell

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joyce

Joyce Report 21 May 2005 21:00

FARGHER I am searching for information on the descendants of WILLIAM FARGHER born in the Isle of Man. He married a lady by surname of GARRETT and had a number of children. One of them was my grandfather ARTHUR EDWARD FARGHER, born in PEEL, Isle of Man in 1871 or 1872. After living in London during his youth, my grandfather was contracted to sail to Chile on a British warship that had been bought by the Chilean Navy in 1896. After returning to England in 1906, he resigned and came back to Chile where he married my grandmother Anita Sinclair and had four children, one of whom is my mother Viola. I live in Santiago de Chile, South America and have never met any relatives of my grandfather's, but would love to trace them. Possibly my grandfather would have had a sister named Catherine or Katherine. Arturo Lorca Fargher

Douglas

Douglas Report 10 Nov 2007 11:53

hello joyce,
although they are not related to me after reading your message i thought i would try to help.
william fargher married catherine garrett
in peel 29/3/1864. they had a son william fargher born in peel 29/3/1867. as far as i can make out catherine died in 1869 and william married again to jane elizabeth harrop in peel 4/1/1871.
they had a son arthur.e.fargher born peel on 12/7/1871 and a daughter catherine born peel 19/1/1873.
at this time i cant find any certain marriages for william or catherine but will keep looking.
best wishes.
doug