Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Farmer

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 16 May 2007 23:04

Further to the recent posting concerning, William Henry Farmer This posting is looking backwards from William Harry Farmer towards a possible Welshman, William Henry Farmer, born about 1780 that may have been a member of the 41st Regiment of Foot and may have married Francis (maiden name unknown) in June 1800 and may have been from the Ashby De La Zouch area. What if we re-posted in a forward looking fashion, towards the decedents of William Henry? One of his decedents may have been William Harry. We know that William Harry Farmer was born about 1812 in Wales and married Jane (maiden name unknown). An Upper Canada census shows that Jane was born about 1821 in Upper Canada and bore him 10 children. They are: – William F (Francis?) unknown – Joseph A. (John?) ab 1842 – Rosamond ab 1843 – Helon (Helen?) ab 1845 – Eliza ab 1847 – Emily ab 1849 – James Skinner 04-Jun-53 – May (Mary?) ab 1857 – Frank ab 1860 – Rebecca ab 1864 We know very little about these people or their decedents other than James Skinner married Jessie Allies of Niagara on the Lake. Jessie was born 13Feb1855 and bore him six children. They are: – Dolly Grace (1880) – James Wilbur (04/Mar/1882 – Mar/1954) – Charles Edgar (26/Oct/1884 – 10/Oct/1887) – Flora M (06/Aug/1887 - ) – Rupert Adelbert (Bert) Dec 20, 1890 – Oct 1963 – Carol R. ab 1895 My grandfather Bert is one of the children. To my knowledge all my grandfather’s siblings left Canada for the United States during the 1940’s and 1950’s. How about that for irony? The original Farmer’s to Upper Canada are Welsh, military, Loyalists and fought hard against the American’s during the “American War” of 1812 to 1815 (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_of_1812). Three generations later the great - grandchildren with the single exception of my grandfather, all emigrated to the United States. Anyways………my thought was to post forwards looking for descendents of the children of James Skinner, a the generation of Farmer’s, many of whom left the Niagara Ontario region of Canada for the Buffalo New York region of the United States. If you can relate to this posting with some of your own research, please get in contact.