Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Felstead

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ann

Ann Report 11 Nov 2004 22:04

My name is Ann Wass and I am trying to trace my godfather Leslie Felstead. He was my Aunt's first husband and was married to my Aunt Edris for nearly 25 years. Unsure of his age but I would be guessing in his 70's now. He was an entertainer singer and musician. He would have been divorced from my Aunt approx 25 years now. I remember him running a B & B in Scarborough in the summer months with my Aunt when I was a child (I am now 41) and I believe that when he and my Aunt separated he moved to the south coast, I think it was either hastings or brighton but not sure about this. He was also best man at my parents wedding Syd and Betty.Would just like to know how he is doing these days as he is often in my thoughts. If anyone knows anything please contact me.

Elaine

Elaine Report 19 Nov 2007 19:41

Hello Ann
My Grandmother s maiden name was Felstead & they originally came from Leicestershire while reading your trying to find message I did see a coincidence but my relations left Nottinghamshire in the early 1920s 2 Felstead sisters they ran a B&B in East Sussex the hotel was called haddon hall hotel I did have a researcher look on the electoral roll but I do not know if the sisters ever married ,that is as far as I have got at the moment but if you want to send your e-mail address I can send you my tree which is on tribalpages but it depends if you know anything or wish to know anything about the Felsteads.
Kindest Regards Elaine