Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Fleming

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rhonda

Rhonda Report 2 Jul 2007 05:45

My Great grandfather was William Fleming born 10/8/1856 Point Piper Estate Sydney Australia His father John born 5/2/1826 arrived in Australia July 1855 aboard the Exodus from Five Shilling House Avondale Lanarkshire Scotland. His fare was paid for by his brother Alexander b30/9/1817 who also emigrated to Australia It is Alexander and Johns Australian Descendants I am particularily interested in. William had 3 Brothers James b1847, John b 1850, Alexander 1853 all born in Hamilton Lanarkshire Scotland. He had 8 children born in Australia 5 who survived childhood. Archibald 8/7/1896 who is my grandfather, William Duncan 1880,Christina Mary 18/12/1881, John Leslie 6/6/1889 and Thomas Duncan 10/4/1894. My mother Marie Minette Fleming and sister Gwen spent a lot of time with her Aunt Mary (Christina?) and older cousins Ida and Chris. Living with them for about 5 years. Any information would be appreciated Thanks Rhonda