Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Fletcher

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rosalind

Rosalind Report 30 Nov 2005 22:22

I am trying to find some of my mothers family- she was born Beatrice Fletcher in 1905 and had 2 sisters Bertha 1902 and Hilda about 1910. I knew both my aunts but I never knew my uncles, they were Sydney- who was the oldest one in the family and was a POW during WW1 and in 1950s he ran a chip shop in the Ancoats area of Manchester.The other brother, my mothers favourite one I thnk,- was John. He married a lady who already had a least one child and he died of diabetes before I was born in 1945. My mothers father was George?, and her mother was an Ashworth-she died when my mother was about 4 and her dad remarried.My mother had an aunt Emily but I'm not sure if that was on her mother or father's side. Any descendent of Sydney out there?

Michael

Michael Report 30 Oct 2007 17:59

Hi Rosalind, only just spotted your entry. Unsure if there is any connection or not but some of my names and places are very similar to yours although the dates differ which could mean there was a family connection. My g/mother - Beatrice Flectcher b1896 lived in Ancoats. Her father was george b1866 New Cross/Ancoats. Beatrice had an aunt named bertha who was b1879. George had a brother called John Thomas b1871 d1928.Haven't come across a Sydney though. Any connection do you think?