Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Dorothy Stening

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dorothy

Dorothy Report 4 Apr 2005 09:06

Hi, I am Dorothy Alice Stening nee Flynn, my father was Gerard Flynn and my mother was Hannah May Flynn nee Roberts, I believe both my parents came from large families, but we never got to know them as we emigrated to Australia in 1965. My dad Gerard was born 2 April 1927 his parents Thomas Gerald Flynne and Mary Elizabeth Flynne formerly Codack were living a 1 Oakland Street, Litherland. My mother Hannah May flynne formerly Roberts was born 6 June 1924, her fathers name was Arnold Roberts and her mother was Frances Clara Roberts formerly MacKenzie. They lived at 4 Denmark Street, Waterloo. My parents were married 16 April 1949 in the Parish of S.Faith, Great Crosby in the County of Lancaster. Witnesses were James Frances Norris, and Clare Janet Roberts. At the time of the wedding my father lived at 4 Sycamore Road, and my mother lived at 1A Sycamore Road. At the time of their marriage Thomas Gerald Flynn was a Club Manager and Arnold Roberts was a Labourer. Somewere before the marriage the E from Flynn seemed to have been dropped, both my parents served in the Armed Forces. My parents had four children, Raymond (passed away from cancer at age of 43) his wifes name was Caroline, they had two children Sarah Jane and Jamie Megan. Carol Pauline Flynn(missing for over 20 years, subject to police investigation over her disappearance, never found) she left behind eight children. Myself, married to Roger Grant Stening, we have two child Kristina and Suzanna and a Grandchild to Suzanna, Izabella and my younger brother George Thomas Flynn, last I heard he was separated but he had two children also. I don't know all of my relatives, but from what I remember my Uncle Jimmy one of my father's younger brothers came to Australia shortly after us, we never heard from him again, another brother Charlie was a singer, with a group called the domino's I think? My children would like to know if they have any cousins they can write to out there, you help would be appreciated.

Ian

Ian Report 18 Jan 2017 14:54

Dorothy - i've done a full tree of your family, trying to search for Carol Pauline Flynn (Cannon). Did an Uncle Jimmy ever make it to Australia? The best many at your parents wedding was his friend Jimmy Norris as far as I can tell. I can't find evidence of him as emigrating - he died in 2004 I think. I can also find no brother of your Dad called James or Jimmy.

I'm in the UK but have email addresses for some of your relatives in Victoria.

Ian Waring
[email protected]

AustinQ

AustinQ Report 18 Jan 2017 15:30

Ian- James was born in 1941

Andrew

Andrew Report 18 Jan 2017 15:45

Original post nearly 12 years old!

ArgyllGran

ArgyllGran Report 18 Jan 2017 20:07

Welcome to the boards, Ian.

First, please remove your email address from your post - it's against board rules, and also this is a public site.

As Andrew has pointed out, this is a very old thread.
Dorothy will not be looking for replies here now.

You can try to contact her by clicking on her name at the top of her post, and sending a private message.
If she still uses the same email address as she registered with GR, GR will notify her that she has a message from you.

However, I can't guarantee that she'll receive, read, or answer it.

patchem

patchem Report 18 Jan 2017 23:19

Slightly more recent post, maybe different email also:

http://www.genesreunited.co.nz/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1006905

Also:
https://www.onegreatfamily.com/fh/Suzanna-Stening/555006362?sp=2

and possible in facebook

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 19 Jan 2017 15:57

If you don't get a reply via the internet, there is a potential address and phone number in South Australia.

www.whitepages.com.au

Make sure you select Residential then input Stening. There first listed result for R G & D A Stening could be her's.