Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Flynn

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Veronica

Veronica Report 14 Jul 2007 14:51

Hi,can anyone help,I am looking for a Josie Flegg,mother's maiden name Flynn,b.Q4,1928 in Stepney,London.She was at school with an Alice Goswell,who married Josie's cousin,Kenny Giles.Both of Josie's parents were dead and she lived with an Aunt Rose,this is all according to Alice.I am trying to research my Grandmother's family,Flynn and possibly find descendants of Grandmother's siblings to contact.I am not having much luck so far but am taking little steps at a time.The siblings are:William James Flynn,b.4th feb.1886,married a Miss Moore in 1916 and had at least one child, named William James,b.Q1 1917 at Mile End,London.The next,Christina Flynn,b.1st.nov,1887 and married George William Allen on 17th.feb.1907 in Stepney,London.Lizzie Flynn b.Q2,1891? married Charles John Sadler on 4th.sept,1911 in Mile End,London.Mary Flynn b.19th.feb,1892 married on 10th.dec.1916 to George Alfred Blackett at Mile End,London.Alice Flynn,my Grandmother,b.30th.oct.1895 married Thomas Frederick White in 1916,she died in 1959 and he remarried(1960), to her sister Kate/Kathleen,known as Kit,b.11th.feb 1898.Kit married Henry Giles on 24th dec,1921 and had 2 sons,Kenneth Henry and Anthony,b.1926 and ?1940.Henry Giles died in Q1 1954. 2 more to go. Emma Magdalene Flynn,.b 12th.dec,1900,no marriage for her yet,and Ethel Josephine Flynn b.2nd.march,1903,married Hyman Cohen on 21st april,1934 in Finsbury Park,London and had one daughter,Sylvia,b.Q1 1935.Sylvia married a man named Jules,no surname,a musician,had a son and emigrated to the USA. Parents of these children are James Flynn b.1866 and Emma, nee Lumley,b.1866.Emma died in 1941, in Mile End Hospital,James was still alive then,I cannot find a death for him,and the informant of the death was an R.Pearson,daughter.I would like to find her or her descendants just to see what happened to the rest of the family.I only ever knew of my Grandmother and 2 of her sisters,Kit and Ethel,all these other children have come as a welcome addition.I have lots of little incidental bits of information on this family, if it would help to identify them but don't really have much more to go on.If you think you could help,please contact me,regards,Vee