Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Foley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GypsyJoe

GypsyJoe Report 9 Feb 2006 15:22

Hi I'm a differnet Joanne to the one already on the board. I'm trying to find more info on my family in general. This is what I do Know; Patrick Foley born circa 1880, married May Eliza Ellis born circa 1880 (actually I don't have a clue on either of their births I'm guessing due to the age of offspring) They had 3 children Winifred circa 1903, Stewart John circa 1905 and Albert George born 1909 at 17a Block Gratton House, Bethnal Green (my grandfather). (I'm guessing the others may also have been born in Bethnal Green as well. NOTE: There may have been other children that we do not know of. Winifred married Robert Jary, Stewart married Lilian Clapton and Albert married Marion Jane (Jayne)Bailey in about 1933. Albert and Marion had four children Terrence (later he changed it to Sean) born 25/02/1934, Micheal (his name is thought to be Gesteon but was called Micheal) born circa 1938, Sonia born 17/05/1940 and Cavan born Nov 1 1941 (my father) and was born in Croyden, Surry England. Before they emigrated to Australia they were living in Oak Ave Shirley, Kent. Albert left for Australia in about 1948 to look for work and Marion and the children went to stay with her mother I believe, in Blackpool in 1948. They then sailed for Australia in about July 1950 or so to meet up with Albert. They settled in Sydney. Sonia was killed in an accident when she was 19. The boys all got married and stayed in Australia. I hope someone out there can help. I'd love to know more about this line of the family. UPDATE: There was a fourth child to Patrick and May but she died later the same year she was born in 1901. Patrick had a number of brothers including two sets of twins (what were his parents thinking) and he had at least one sister. Patricks parents were John Foley and And Ellen (maybe Conner).

Elaine

Elaine Report 19 Nov 2007 19:26

Hello Joe
I am trying to find the ancestors of a friend of mine called Patricia ,her mother was a Mary Patricia Foley who lived in Nottinghamshire in 1943 she had a brother who was a catholic priest ,rumours say that she left a family in Ireland how she ended up in the uk don't know she was aged early 40s she was living with a man called John Kavanagh who was in the Pioneer corps he was named as the father on the birth certificate she may not have been married to him though as again rumour has it the document was false in some way ,again she may have returned to Ireland a year or so after the birth ater giving her daughter Patricia away if any of this rings a bell please contact me.
Kindest Regards Elaine