Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul

Paul Report 1 Oct 2007 12:01

I am having trouble trying to find Jane Crick [nee Fordham] She was my G G Grandmother born 1816 Rickinghall Suffolk [Sapiston?]. She had five children, and I am descended from one, i.e. Blanche Crick, who married Arraunah Plummer from Ixworth Suffolk. Their daughter Fanny was my Grandmother.
I have looked up many seemingly fruitless leads, but she must be there somewhere? I should appreciate any information about Jane. Thank you
Paul W Hunt

Joanna

Joanna Report 1 Oct 2007 13:17

Paul..have you this info?

1841 Rickinghall St, Rickinghall superior, Suffolk. Fordham spelt Fordam. Maybe Mary has illegitimate child? Or was married before?

Mary Fordam 22
Louisa 4

1851 Stanton St, Stanton All Saints, Suffolk.

William Crick 32 journeyman wheelwright b.Sapiston Suffolk
Jane 34 b.Rickinghall Suffolk
Louisa Fordham daughter unmarr 14 b.Rickinghall
Wm Crick 4 b.Fordingham
Mary Jane Crick b.Stanton, Suffolk

Moggie

Moggie Report 1 Oct 2007 13:45

Hi Paul
I have found Louisa's baptism and she was Jane's daughter, see below.
Jane's parents may be Joseph and Jane who had a daughter Caroline baptised at Rickinghall Superior in 1821.
Maureen

FORDHAM, Louisa Spink Christening
Christening Date: 4 Sep 1836 Recorded in: Rickinghall Inferior, Suffolk, England
Collection: BTs
Mother: Jane Fordham
Source: FHL Film 989599 Dates: 1834 - 1836

Paul

Paul Report 22 Nov 2007 15:06

Many thanks for the info. It seems possible that Jane had more than one child born out of wedlock. I had not heard about Caroline.
Does this mean we have some relatives in common?

Best Wishes Paul

Paul

Paul Report 22 Nov 2007 15:07

Thank you for the info. Does this mean we have relatives in common?

Best wishes Paul