Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lorna Foulds + twin

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Heidi

Heidi Report 6 Jan 2008 01:43

Hi there,

Does anyone have access to the UK Death Registry? I'm trying to find Lorna Foulds and her twin who died very soon after birth between 1927 and and 1938. Can't find them on Ancestry or the I.G.I. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Heidi

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 6 Jan 2008 04:46

That's a tedious process, Heidi -- those years have not yet been transcribed. I might volunteer if the date range were smaller. That range could mean downloading and scanning through over 50 images before hitting the right one. Plus finding the deaths once the births were identified.

You could do that yourself -- if you're not subscribed to Ancestry, you could try the 14-day free trial subscription, and spend a couple of hours on the search.

Otherwise, cross your fingers that FreeBMD keeps up the pace, and gets to that era before too long!

Heidi

Heidi Report 9 Jan 2008 09:21

Thanks for replying Kathryn and I see your point about the time range. I've had access to the free trial on Ancestry already but only needed to know about Lorna more recently.

Many thanks for your time and advice

Best wishes

Heidi

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 9 Jan 2008 09:34

Dancing Dee on Records Board is offering some lookups.
Maybe she can help.

Gwyn

Penny

Penny Report 9 Jan 2008 09:45

Did they both die?

Can you add anything to quantify 'soon after birth' ?

when were they born 27 I guess- I'll look thru some for you - where are they likely to have been born/died?

Mothers maiden name please