Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

William Fox

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

William

William Report 26 Jul 2005 12:21

I have just started my family tree and am interested to hear from anyone who can help put some of my jigsaw pieces together. My family on my fathers side are from Hull (mostly from the Hessle Road area). I know that my G (born c1901) and GG father were both called William. I am also in possession of an old bible with some names and dates in it and these may also help someone else make a connection. William Fox - born 1833 John Fox - born1834 Mary Ann - born 1836 & died 1862 Jane - born 1843 Caroline - born 1845 John - born 1847 Emmey - born 1849 Henery - born 1852 Sara Ann Fox - died 1877 Other names in the book mention a William Cordley (Father in law - died 1881 at Weston Hills Lincolnshire. Jane Jesop - died Oct 1870 Mark James Jesop father in law Elizabeth Melton - died 1867

Pam

Pam Report 24 Aug 2017 11:02

Hi William,

Not sure if you are still active on Genes Reunited, but have just read your post about the old Bible - I am related to William Cordley from Weston Hills, Lincs, would love to hear more??

Pam

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 24 Aug 2017 11:07

Welcome to the boards Pam.

William posted more than 12 years ago and only posted once so I doubt that he is still looking at these boards. You could try clicking on his name and sending him a private message. If he still has the same email address that he registered with Genes then he will be informed by them that he has a message from you - but I wouldn't hold out too much hope.

Kath. x

Pam

Pam Report 24 Aug 2017 11:11

Thanks, I'll cross my fingers. :-)