Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Fox of Newcastle

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

a

a Report 4 Nov 2007 16:53

Harold (Henry) Fox b1907ish in Auckland, Co. Durham, was my grandfather. Married Mary Whitehouse b1908ish. His father married twice.
They moved to Canada for a while and my father (Harold Fox) was born there. They had one other son and four daughters.
I'd be grateful for any information on my grandfather's parents.

Thank you,
Shirley

doddsy1

doddsy1 Report 4 Nov 2007 17:03

Do you know if Harold(1907) had any brothers or sisters?

a

a Report 4 Nov 2007 21:04

I know he had one step-brother (William) who lived in South Africa for some time. I think he also had a sister, Tillie, who lived in Cornwall.
Not sure of any more siblings.
I believe his uncle William or Reganal have been mentioned,( This could be Gr Grandad) lived in Canada and had a place named after him called Silver fox I have had places given to me, Scarbrough in or around the Thunder bay area of Canada, but I cannot find the place as yet

doddsy1

doddsy1 Report 4 Nov 2007 21:06

Did you get my message about Mary Whitehouse 1908 and David 1911 being registered in Sedgefield, Co Durham

a

a Report 5 Nov 2007 08:51

I did, thank you, still unsure if it is them as I cannot find Lizzie,
I need to find both sets of great grandparents none of who I can 1st name just surnames on the male side, all I know is that my great Grandad Fox was married twice, no idea where they were from or who any of my great Grandmothers were,
it is so sad to be missing so much when I knew my Grandparents so well.

a

a Report 11 Nov 2007 12:06

thank you I have now found Lizzie whitehouse born in Auckland co.durham, mothers maiden name was wright, so far That is all I have but it is a step closer
thank you for the lead
Shirley