Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

francis weldale inheriteded sir francis knollys es

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Denise

Denise Report 11 Dec 2007 20:20

my relative inherited as a coheir the estates of sir francis knollys on his death in 1772 and his wifes marys death in 1792. it was contested by the earl of banbury ,lord uxbridge, sir willoughby and harvey aston and others but my distant relative was awarded it along with a mrs prankard -i would like to know why and how they inherited -there must have been a strong reason for it - as there were plenty of knollys around including earl of banbury.
in the annual register of 1793 it states" came upon at the assizes before sir john wilson , knight a trial upon an ejectment by mrs prankard and mr welldale coheirs of sir francis knollys bart.after four hours a verdicy was given in their favour
how does one get a look at this trial --as i am sure it would list their reasons and claims to the inheritance -
this would solve a long time family mystery
thanks denise