Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Freeman

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Joyce

Joyce Report 1 Jul 2007 10:13

Can anyone help please? I am trying to find my great grandfather HENRY FREEMAN, who was born about 1842. Henry married Mary, the birth cerrificates of the children have her name as formerly Morris. It may be that Mary had another name when she married Henry as I cannot find their marriage. The children were: Joseph born 1873 Jane Elizabeth(Lizzie) born 1875 Robert Henry born1877 Henry(1) born1879 died 1882 Annie born1881 Thomas born 1883 Emma born1885 George born1887 Henry(2) born1890 All the children were born in Newcastle/Durham area. Henry has his place of birth on the 1881 census as Oxfordshire but I cannot find his birth anywhere in that area. It may be that he just 'thought' that was were he was born! I have no other links to try and follow as I do not know the names of Henry's brothers and sisters if indeed he had any. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Joyce Freeman