Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

victor

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jeanette

Jeanette Report 6 Jan 2008 20:45

Trying to find Australian Gabriels especially anyone knowing a Victor Gabriel. He may have come from Adelaide. He met & married my aunt Dulcie South in NSW but the marriage was annulled. I would just like to know what happened to him as I cannot find any references to him in NSW, Q or SA. I am Dulcie's niece........

Valerie

Valerie Report 7 Jan 2008 00:33

Hi Jeanette, The RYERSON INDEX (on-line) has this: Victor Gabriel died 15/5/1976 age 78 notice in Sydney Morning Herald 18/5/1976. They do 'look-up's for any family names that were mentioned etc. The NSW State Library has an 'Ask a Librarian' service -query form on-line. They will check their records including electoral rolls. They may even have Victor's (newspaper) death notice/s as well. Valerie (WA)

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 7 Jan 2008 01:38

Also, the marriage is in the NSW records:

444/1925
GABRIEL VICTOR
SOUTH DULCIE E B
SYDNEY

and the registration info might include parents' names, which could help find any siblings or other family he might have, if you wanted to do that. The Aussies here can tell you the best/cheapest way to get the registration info.

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 7 Jan 2008 01:39

Actually, it seems he was born in NSW:

21919/1903
GABRIEL VICTOR C
father: MAGNUS M L
mother: HELEN
district: KEMPSEY

JaneyCanuck

JaneyCanuck Report 7 Jan 2008 01:42

http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/cgi-bin/Index/IndexingOrder.cgi/search?event=births

for searching.

His sister:

27663/1898
GABRIEL MARJORY
MAGNUS M L
HELEN
SYDNEY

who doesn't seem to have married before 1957, or died before 1977, in NSW.