Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

trying to find

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anthony

Anthony Report 10 Nov 2007 12:32

I'm trying to find Timothy Gannon who was a Police Constable and was deceased before 1891. He had a daughter named Kathleen Henrietta (1868-1902) who married a William Henry Wheeler in 1891 in London(St.Giles). She was my ggrandmother and so far, I can't find any information about her or her parents previous to her marriage. The 1891 and 1901 census both give her birthplace as London but there is nothing in the records about her birth.
I think it is likely that they came from Ireland but nothing has been found in the records to match this. Has anyone got any ideas to help the search?
thanks,
Tony

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 10 Nov 2007 12:50

The only birth for a Kathleen Henrietta in London around this time does not bear the surname GANNON:

Births Mar 1868 (>99%)
Alexander Kathleen Henrietta St Geo Han Sq 1a 317

Like yourself I'm unable to find on census's
Also tried searching under the name Catherine ( some Kathleens are thus known as this too )

Do the witnesses ( on the MC ) look as if they may have been siblings at all of Kathleen's?

Annmarie

Annmarie Report 10 Nov 2007 12:53

The only record I could find was the following;

Catherine Gannon
Birth; 26 DEC 1868 Mayo, Ireland (batch # C012007 type; film)Father; Timothy Gannon
Mother; Bridget Dillon

No Kathleen's came up just variations of the name and none from London, sorry.

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 10 Nov 2007 12:55

Free bmd has a death for Timothy Gannon aged 32 December l890 at Warrington.
Liz

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 10 Nov 2007 13:04

Have you managed to rule out this young lady from the 1881 census:

1881 England Census
about Kathleen H. Goodom

Name: Kathleen H. Goodom
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1866
Relation: Scholar
Where born: Corinbatore ?, India
Civil Parish: St John Hampstead
County/Island: London
Street address: 41 & 43 Bersize Park Gardens
Education:

Employment status:

View Image
Registration district: Hampstead
Sub-registration district: Hampstead
ED, institution, or vessel: 18

Looking at the original document it could easily be Gannon as well as Goodom.....

Annmarie

Annmarie Report 10 Nov 2007 13:10

Do you know if she had a younger brother named John? b. c1872 ( approx 4yrs younger than Kathleen).