Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Unable to find Fathers death record

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawn

Dawn Report 17 Jul 2008 22:56

Hi, I am trying to find a record of my dads death in 1992, he died in the Wigan area. His name was Arthur James Gardner, I have looked at the death records for that name and that year with a year above and below and it shows nothing. He was born 3rd Feb 1930. My question is, if the record doesn't show here, where else could I try? Or how else could I search? I am a real numpty when it comes to searching. Thanks in advance Dawn

Pam

Pam Report 17 Jul 2008 23:05

England & Wales, Death Index: 1984-2005
about Arthur James Gardener
Name: Arthur James Gardener
Birth Date: 3 Feb 1930
Death Registration Month/Year: Nov 1993
Age at death (estimated): 63
Registration district: Manchester
Inferred County: Lancashire
Register number: E51B
Entry Number: 47

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 17 Jul 2008 23:06

o

Dawn

Dawn Report 17 Jul 2008 23:55

Hi Pam, thank you for finding it for me. I am surprised that they added an extra e in the middle. My maiden name was Gardner and his birth cert was Gardner. His father had an i in the middle on his marriage entry so I am confused as there are now 3 different versions. How do I find out which is the correct one. Thanks Dawn

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 18 Jul 2008 00:20

Dawn

Theres no correct way of spelling the/a name....All you can do is keep going back and see what you can come up with!

I have a Family name of 'Overs/Hovers' that started out as ' Hovard' 1745.

Accents have to be taken into account....also illitricity (see! I cant spell either!!) lol

Gerri x

Pam

Pam Report 18 Jul 2008 09:04

I've found 19 variations of my maiden name !!

You always have to expect the unexpected.