Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

james gardner

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 6 Aug 2008 23:18

james gardner lived in miles platting manchester in 1916.daughter elizabeth ann gardner married samuel birch at corpus christi church miles platting in 1916

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 6 Aug 2008 23:20

Which spelling are we to use and what do you want to know ?

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 6 Aug 2008 23:20

What exactly are you asking for as not sure from your request

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 6 Aug 2008 23:20

What do you wish to know?

Just listing names and dates doesn't give any idea of what you want..........

Angela

Angela Report 6 Aug 2008 23:33

james gardner was my greatgrandfarther but apart from knowing that he lived in miles plating in 1916 idont know anything about him where he was born or what his wife was called .these are the things i am trying to find out.

Lost for Words ;-)

Lost for Words ;-) Report 6 Aug 2008 23:37

When was Elizabeth born?

Lost for Words ;-)

Lost for Words ;-) Report 6 Aug 2008 23:46

PM received from Angela:

From Angela
elizabeth was born in manchester in 1898

Hi Angela

It's best to add your replies to the thread so we can all see your replies :-)

Regards
LfW

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 6 Aug 2008 23:46

Marriages Jun 1916 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Birch Sam Gardner Prestwich 8d 683
Birch Samuel Gardner Prestwich 8d 683
Curry Ann O'Brien Prestwich 8d 683
Gardner Elizabeth A Birch Prestwich 8d 683
O'Brien Augustine Curry Prestwich 8d 683

Is this the right marriage and do you have the cert?

Her age would be useful.

Occupation of father etc?

Lost for Words ;-)

Lost for Words ;-) Report 7 Aug 2008 00:02

Possible births:

Births Mar 1898 (>99%)
Gardner Elizabeth Ann Manchester 8d 287

Births Dec 1898 (>99%)
Gardner Elizabeth Ann Ashton 8d 460

The birth cert would give you her mothers name and fathers occupation which may help you to trace them backwards.

If you have the marriage cert can you post the details fathers occupation and witnesses etc.

Regards
LfW

Angela

Angela Report 7 Aug 2008 00:03

elizabeth gardner married samuel birch on june 12 1916 prestwich. she was aged 18.her farther was a contracters drainer.i dont know what her mother was called.she lived at 24 garrat street miles platting at the time of her marriage.i do have the marriage certificate.witnesses were peter mc cabe,and w goodais.
thanks for your help.
angela

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 7 Aug 2008 10:54

There is no match on 1901 census for Elizabeth Gardner born in 1897 +/-1 with father James, living - or born - in Lancashire

The address in 1916 may have no bearing whatsoever on where the family were in 1901...............

Her place of marriage does not necessarily indicate that she was born there................

You may find that 1911 census, when it is released, is of more use to you

Angela

Angela Report 8 Aug 2008 00:22

I COULD NOT FIND ELIZABETH IN THE 1901 CENSUS EITHER.BUT I FOUND HER BIRTH REGERSTERD 23 NOV 1897 IN MANCHESTER.PERHAPS SHE WAS NOT LIVEING IN MANCHESTER AT THE TIME OF THE CENSUS.DID YOU FIND JAMES IN THE CENSUS?
ELIZABETH WAS A WIDOW AND MARRIED CHARLES BOARDMAN .

Ericthered

Ericthered Report 8 Aug 2008 10:43

If you have the exact DOB, you obviously have the cert...........what were the full names of her parents?

What relevance does Charles Boardman have?

What was James's occupation?

BTW..........the address on the marriage cert is that of the bride..........not of her father