Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Gardner

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Belinda

Belinda Report 18 Mar 2003 14:26

Gardners from Denny,Scotland Alexander McLeod Gardner Married Agnes Morton Children John 1825,Mary 1827,Robert 1829 Alex 1831,Thomas 1833,Jean 1836,James 1839,William 1841,George 1843, Andrew Dunn Gardner 1845,David 1847, Alex Aikman 1849. Andrew Dunn Gardner is my ancestor went to Australia married Isabella Richardson at Woolsthorpe,Koroit, and had 8 children Sheila Lawson Please contact me on Showbizkidz2004 at hot mail c o m

Fiona

Fiona Report 1 Jan 2009 16:36

Dear Sheila

this is a long shot considering your post was posted 5 years back. I have an ancestor called Alexander Gardner C 1831 - he is the father of my great Grandmother Agnes Dalziel. Alex & her mother Christina Dalziel (who came from Wishaw approx 25 miles from Denny) never married but he took care of them both financially. I seem to have his parents down as Alexander? & Agnes? (can't remember where I got that info from hence the question marks). Do you know any more info on Alex 1831 or does the story of him having a child out of wedlock ring any bells? The only thing we know of him was that he ending up in a place called coco beach or bay off the coast of Africa! As your Andrew had the courage to take off to OZ i wondered if there was a link here at all?

have also sent this text to your email address given on the GR site if still in use. Look forward to hearing from you Fiona.